1. Not taking a segmented audience based advertising approach. When you target non-homogeneous audience segments, their needs, values and triggers are different, you need to factor the segmented differences into your ad creative assets and ad copies.
2. Not optimising the campaign parameters enough. At our agency, we take 70:30 rule. We will re-iterate 70% of the original ad campaign mechanics within the initial 30% of ad spends. The constant tweaks or intervention allow us to uplift performance metrics and maximise return on ad spends.
3. Not variating ads enough. Variating ads creatives now and then will help to reduce viewers ads fatigue. The renewed creatives and novelty can also help convert the captive audience who did not convert on the last round of ads.
4. Not experimenting enough. Been there, done that, stick to this approach, and not rock the boat. It's safe to follow the best practices and a well-tested playbook, but competing in today's online cluttered ads space online, your ads creative need to outshine your competitors. Stay ahead of the pack by innovating and continually experimenting.
5. Not having a frequency cap on your ads to the targeted audience. No one like to see your ads 8x a day. Setting a thoughtful frequency cap can help maximise your ad spends to a broader audience pool.