Branding gives identity to products.
Clothes, sneakers, watches...
- What are some of the brand names intuitively pops up in reference to these products?
A good brand not only commands a price premium, diffffferentiates against competitors, but it also connect positively with the customers/ prospects.
Not convinced? A study by researchers concluded the celebrated label of a beer can seemingly make a beer taste better and fresher. That say, we all know when branding goes wrong, it can create distaste and result in much negativity.
Here are 20 branding tips applicable for the first-time entrepreneurs to the branding maven.
20 Effective Branding Tips
1. Have a clear vision (Goals & values)
2. Identify your ideal audience and define your brand
3. Exclude audiences that you do not want
4. Involve your customers
5. Study the best and audit your competitors
6. Build a brand foundation (Brand identity, style guide and brand values)
7. Use a brand manifesto to align your marketing, advertising, and vendors
8. Evangelise a brand story
9. Be authentic, show footage of behind the scenes
10. Keep it simple to make it stick
11. Humanise your brand
12. Let your customers stories shine
13. Maintain consistency in all channels and touchpoints
14. Hire a brand custodian
15. Share video, visuals and value in your social media postings
16. Grow your content distribution networks
17. Set Google alerts to track your brand mentions
18. Your initial customers will define your initial community
19. Refresh and polish your branding to stay relevant
20. Get external help or perspective
If you find this article useful, watch this space. We will be covering more tips in our subsequent articles.
In the meanwhile, check out our earlier article on 5 reasons why you shouldn't do your company branding at times. At times, it is essential and refreshing to bring in an independent branding specialist, while resulting in cost savings, or being more cost-efffffective
Give us a shout if you have a pertinent challenge on branding at the moment or is looking to strengthen your company brand equity. To get you started, we will send across a 2 page brand audit checklist that we developed.